Before anything else is said, we’d like to thank you all for the phenomenal response we got from you since we uploaded the first song from our new album, Despondent By Design. Be it on Twitter, Facebook or MySpace, you guys have quite simply rocked our world with your awesome comments! Thank you very much! We shall have a new song for you very soon.
Back to the album, this is some info about it.
It is called Despondent By Design, has 10 tracks on it and shall have a total run time of 41 minutes. The tracklist is as follows:
2. As Cold As They Come
4. The Devil’s Playground
5. Black Light
6. Children Of A Lesser God
7. This Respect
8. This Overwhelming Grasp Of Solitude
9. The Dark Diaries
10. The End Of All Things Good
Lyrically, this is what the songs are about:
- Hellfire deals with the story of a couple who push the boundaries of an unholy relationship and suffer the consequences thereafter.
- As Cold As They Come speaks of the abuse of a partner in a relationship, laying the blame on them for leaving, inventing faults and then leaving them hung out to dry
- November speaks of the loss of a dear person, Jade, in the month of November, of things planned and turned to shit and the regret and sadness from this untimely departure.
- The Devil’s Playground is the place we find ourselves in so many times, the crossroads of indecision, generally after betrayal and trying to take a next step with someone else after it’s over.
- Black Light is about the end of one’s life. Some people see death as dark, macabre and unwanted, but for others, though black, it’s also a guiding light.
- Children Of A Lesser God treats the endless cycle of physical and sexual abuse and that which stems from it.
- This Respect is about people who use the word respect as a punchline without ever getting into the merits of what respecting others really means.
- This Overwhelming Grasp Of Solitude is about the sense of despair one gets when they feel they are not understood even by the people closest to them and whom they love.
- The Dark Diaries is a dialogue between a shrink and a patient, in which the shrink repeats that it’s not so bad and it could be worse, while the patient screams that this simply isn’t good enough, this is not what he/she wants to hear, this does not lessen my pain.
- The End Of All Things Good speaks of a vendetta carried down through generations, owing to an a horrid act carried out long ago yet never spoken of or atoned for.
And speaking of the end of all things good, I think that’s more than enough positive vibes for the day I’ll leave you with our track Black Light for our enjoyment once again, and the promise of more new stuff soon!